January 18 2013 by Kevin Bowersox

Today I started working on adding a recaptcha component to the comment section of toThought.  After reading the documentation, I decided to search the Maven Central repository for the recaptcha Java library.  When I searched for the artifact via the built in .m2e integration, I noticed that Maven was only displaying local artifacts, not scanning the central repository as I intended.  At this point, I tried my normal work around which is checking the Download repository index updates on startup setting.
 
Unfortunately, my trusted fix had no effect.  Slightly concerned, I began to google the issue.  I came upon and quickly implemented a suggested solution, which was to Update the Project. Continue Reading